Please measure as described below.
- Please measure your hound standing only, not lying or snoozing.
- Measure your greyhound or whippet at neck-back “join” – Point A
- To where tail just begins to separate from the back – Point B
- Include the whole (top) contours of the dog’s back (not along the side of the body)
- Please measure in inches
- Please measure more than once, three times ideally.
- If in any doubt, please ask
- NB: If your hound is a greyhound crossed with another breed of similar type (e.g. Saluki etc), it helps us if we know first, so please email us, and if possible send us a picture. We can then assess any special edits.
For Whippets in between sizes
All whippet coats are a little longer than the size – for rump coverage.
Please don’t include the extra added (by us) in the measurement you choose for your coat/s after using the guide.
If you’re unsure which size, please ask us send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or go to our contact page,
For Greyhounds in between sizes
Greyhound coats are longer than the size by a few inches for rump coverage. Please don’t include this in the measurement you choose for
your coat/s. Please email email@example.com if you are unsure of what size to order.